TITLE: School Office Manager
SITE: Novato High School
SALARY: Range 34 – $22.19-$26.65, Classified Salary Schedule
CALENDAR: 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, 12 months
POSTING DATE: January 10, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January, 17, 2018
The job of School Office Manager is done for the purpose/s of providing administrative and secretarial support to site administrator/s; conveying information regarding school functions and procedures; and ensuring compliance with site’s financial, legal and administrative requirements. Note: Specific task assignments vary by location which could be Pre-K Elementary, Secondary, and Adult Education School.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. payroll, honor roll, attendance, testing, enrollment information, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy of data and/or complying with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Composes documents (e.g. standardized correspondence, bulletins, newsletter, etc.) for the purpose of documenting events, providing and/or requesting information.
- Coordinates a variety of programs and/or activities (e.g. task assignments, meetings, site in-service day activities, workshops, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of facilities and/or equipment and delivering services in conformance to established guidelines.
- Evaluates situations (e.g. involving staff, students, parents, the public, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Maintains documents, files and records (confidential and non-confidential) for the purpose of providing up to date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Maintains inventories of equipment, supplies and materials for the purpose of ensuring items’ availability.
- Monitors assigned district activities and/or program components (e.g. grants, budget, facility security (locking/unlocking buildings) etc.) for the purpose of coordinating activities and ensuring compliance with established financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Orients new site personnel regarding appropriate school and district practices for the purpose of effectively assimilating new personnel into site operations.
- Oversees student workers, volunteers, office staff, etc. for the purpose of meeting work requirements.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. memos, letters, reports, absence requests, reimbursement expenses, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Reconciles petty cash, cash receipts and/or account balances as assigned for the purpose of maintaining accurate balances and complying with accounting practices.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
- Schedules a variety of activities (e.g. meetings, travel arrangements, staff coverage, facilities usage, etc.) for the purpose of assisting in meeting staff needs and efficiently utilizing personnel, equipment and facilities.
- Secures classified staff for the purpose of ensuring adequate staffing.
- Supports assigned administrative personnel for the purpose of providing assistance with their administrative functions.
- Attends meetings as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- To perform multiple non-technical tasks with an occasional need to upgrade skills due to changing job conditions
- Operating standard office equipment including pertinent software applications
- Performing standard bookkeeping/accounting procedures
- Planning and managing projects
- Preparing and maintaining accurate records
- Perform basic math including calculations of fractions, percents and/or ratios
- Read technical information, compose a variety of documents and/or facilitate group discussions
- Analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions
- Concepts of grammar and punctuation
- Health standards and hazards
- Standardized accounting/bookkeeping principles
- Schedule activities
- Gather, collate and/or classify data
- Coordinate a number of factors in the use of equipment
- To work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups
- Work with data of varied types and/or purposes
- Utilize job related equipment
- Adapting to changing work priorities
- Communicating with diverse groups
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Meeting deadlines and schedules
- Setting priorities
- Working as part of a team
- Working with constant and sustained interruptions
- Working with detailed information/data
Flexibility is required to work with others under a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standard methods of operation.
In working with others, problem solving is required to analyze issues, create plans of action and reach solutions; with data it is significant; and with equipment it is limited.
- Working under standardized instructions and/or routines focusing primarily on results
- Directing other persons within a small work unit
- Monitoring the use of funds
Utilization of resources from other work units is required to perform the job’s functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the Organization’s services.
Certificates & Clearances: TB Test, DOJ Fingerprint Clearance
Posting Date: January 10, 2018
Application Deadline: January 17, 2018
TO APPLY: Current employees who are interested in this position, must submit a written Intent to Apply – Current Employees form to Human Resources (NUSD/CSEA, Article 14.2) prior to the closing date. This position is first open to all Novato Unified School District employees but first offered to lateral transfers. If you meet the requirements for this position, you will be contacted after the closing date for an interview. Call Human Resources (415-897-4220) if you have any questions. External applicants must complete a Classified Application-External Applicants, which is available at the District Office, 1015 Seventh Street, Novato CA 94945 and submit it to Human Resources.