All Board reports can be found on Agenda Online.
Pam Haessly, Executive Director with NCTV presented to the Board. NCTV is:
- Novato Community Television
- 501 c3 Non-Profit
- NUSD & City of Novato are founding partners
- Funded by Comcast cable subscribers
YOUTHTRUTH SURVEY RESULTS: Leslie Benjamin presented district and school level results from the YouthTruth Survey to the Board. Participation among students, staff and parents increased about 13%. Along with District level results, each school provided their celebrations and action items and is included as an attachment to the board report. More information can be found at Item 13.a.
2019-2010 LCAP: Amie Carter presented the first of two presentations of the LCAP to the Board. The next presentation is June 18, 2018, where the Board will approve the LCAP. Two new actions have been added to the LCAP this year:
- Expanded Professional Development – A fundamental building block for the implementation of the Proficiency Based Education, Trauma Informed Instruction, and Multiple Tier Systems of Support is ensuring cohesive training throughout the District.
- Attendance Education Efforts – As NUSD attendance continues to decline, encouraging regular school attendance is critical. As a result of Differentiated Assistance work, the district will engage in educational efforts to ensure parents are informed about the lifelong benefits of school attendance in assisting a child to get better grades, to develop healthy life habits, to avoid dangerous behavior and to have a better chance of graduating from high school.
The LCAP document will be available for review on the NUSD website on Thursday, June 13, 2019, and Community Feedback/Input on the LCAP is welcome. A separate communication will be sent when it is available on the NUSD website. More information can be found at Item 13.b.
2019-2020 PRELIMINARY GENERAL BUDGET: Yancy Hawkins reviewed the preliminary general budget with the Board. Based upon the 2019-2020 Preliminary Budget and the budget assumptions, the District is confronting operating deficits in 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 of over $2-$3 million. If additional funds are not received, the District will have to make additional reductions in the 2020-2021 school year. See Item 13.b. for more information.
MIDDLE SCHOOL SOCIAL STUDIES ADOPOTION: Jen Larson shared with the Board the process for adopting new social studies instructions materials which included staff and student feedback. The recommendation is to adopt McGraw Hill’s Impact and the Board approved adopting McGraw Hill. Please see Item 15.a.
Recordings of Board meetings can be found on NCTV’s YouTube Channel and NCTV reruns meetings on Comcast local Channel 30.
Next Board Meetings: June 18, 2019 9 am, Regular Board Meeting
August 6, 2019, 7 pm, Regular Board Meeting