Use your time in high school advantageously by taking specific classes here at Novato High and at the College of Marin to gain knowledge and earn college credit. You could earn up to 18 units of college credit – tuition free!
How will NBI handle filling the 100 spots for the class of 2022? Here are their policies:
· Priority will be given to students in the Novato High School District.
· 2nd Priority will be students within the Novato Unified School District.
· Should over 100 students apply, there will be a lottery to draw for any spots not taken by Novato district students. Should over 100 in-district students apply, the lottery will be for in-district students only.
· All others will be placed on a waiting list according to their lottery position.
· Students do not need to tour or visit prior to application; it is open to all students!
The purpose for using lottery as a selection criteria lies in the fact that NBI is seeking a diverse student body statistically similar to that of Novato High School.
Also, no decision for or against accepting MSA enrolled students has been made. It is likely that this will be determined on a case-by-case basis, based on when in the day their MSA classes are offered. Thus, a question assessing the students’ interest in MSA is included on the NBI application. Students need to simply list whether or not they’re interested in MSA and which discipline they would prefer. Based on interest, Novato High School will make a decision that accommodates as many individuals (staff, students, etc.) as possible.
This application is for current 8th grade students only who are interested in attending one of San Marin High School’s STEM academies in the fall of 2018. Applications will be accepted through January 31st. Notification of acceptance will be sent via mail on March 1st. Submit only one application. If multiple applications are completed, only the first one will be reviewed. A valid email is required for this application. BE SURE TO ANSWER EACH ESSAY QUESTION THOROUGHLY WITH SUPPORTING DETAILS.